Things Have Changed

For those who don’t know- I was away for a while. But now I have returned to my campus and to blogging.
.
Mymensing used to be such a fan place for me. I used to love spending vacations there with my grandparents. But things have changed now. All my past experiences have been changed during this visit. I don’t think I’d like to spend another vacation there. Now I can easily describe it as an old, crowdie, smelly, dirty and congested city. It’s not like that it wasn’t congested before but now it’s just too much to stand. Houses and apartments built here are so unplanned and so extremely close (as if ‘near’) to each other that any outsider can easily get disgusted just by looking at them.
.
People there care little about lakes, trees and sewerage system. Roads and drains are filled with rubbish. Almost all of them just care about constructing their home sweet home (what about maintaining?). They don’t seem to spare just a tiny fraction of the space available- uff…disgusting!
.
Just a few cars and buses are seen in the roads of Mymensing (though it’s a not-so-small city). I’m pretty sure it's because it is extremely hard to drive there as thousands and thousands of Rickshaws (a special kind of man powered vehicle- slow and small) rule the roads. But having less motorized vehicles has its benefit- low air pollution.
.

Sorry if I hurt someone through this post. My intention is not to curse Mymensing but to point out some things those are destroying this used-to-be-a-beautiful city.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment