I am facing another old problem of mine (again), which is sleep disorder. No matter what I do (sorry, but I am against sleeping pills), it seems like I can not sleep for more than 4 hours a day. And that gets really tiring if it continues for 10 days straight.
The things which I’m doing (or have done) to fall asleep are probably the wrong thing to do as they are not working at all. In fact they are working in the opposite direction. So, I’m pointing out those things, so that you don’t make the same mistake…
5 not-to-do-things to fall asleep:
1. If you are suddenly awake at the middle of the night, never ever play games or use net on your phone to pass time until you fall back asleep. This will never work. The bright light of the phone near your eyes will devastate whatever sleep you have left in you.
2. Don’t think about what your next blog post is going to be about. This might be beneficial to your blog, but I don’t think this will be any help to fall asleep. I read in some book that if you concentrate on a matter your brain gets tired and you fall asleep. But I don’t know why, but concentrating on a serious matter at night, evaporates my sleep completely.
3. Don’t change your position too quickly and too fast.
4. Don’t watch too much television before going to bed. This will definitely hamper your sleep.
5. I did this thing for a few days which didn’t work. I tried to work out before going to bed so that my body gets tired enough to fall asleep. But later I came to know that you are not supposed to work out in atleast 3 hours before bed time. If you get too tired it’s often hard to sleep.
I want to sleep so badly, but I am not sleepy… oh! :’(
If you liked this post and think that more people should know about this, please share it with others. If you want to stay connected please subscribe to this blog’s feed.