The theme of World Environment Day 2009 is “Your planet needs you! Unite to combat climate change.” This theme is to remind us about our involvement with the environment and the planet. Everything we do can and will effect the environment directly or indirectly. As our irrational and careless steps will devastate the environment, our “green steps” will come in handy in protecting it.
On this day, I am requesting you to take a minute of your time to look around and appreciate the planet around you. This beautiful world might not be so beautiful after a few years, if we don't act now.
Some random things you can do to protect the environment:
1. Plant a tree; help UNEP achieve the Billion Tree Campaign.
2. Learn how to reduce water wastage in home and try to maintain it.
3. Look for to alternative sources of energy like Renewable Energy.
4. Let’s switch off.
5. Don’t drive if you can walk the distance.
6. Reuse and recycle.
7. Protect endangered animals.
8. Visit UNEP’s Easily Green Your Daily Routine.
Small changes can and will result in a big solution if we all contribute. Make sure that you do your part and notify others to do their part.
What changes have you made to your home or your habit to help the environment? If you have posted on World Environment Day 2009 share the summary and the link of the post on the comment section. I'm very interested in reading your posts on this subject.
If you like this post you can subscribe to this blog's feed and stay connected.
Related posts from this blog:
Bloggers Unite: Earth Day 2009
I Do My Part